About the role
Are you a talented Cyber Security Engineer who is looking for the next step in their career? Are you passionate about Incident Response and Pen-testing? Do you have strong interpersonal skills, a keen attention to detail and a passion for cyber security and customer satisfaction? Then this role is for you!
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our Security Operations Team based in Perth, WA. As a Security Engineer, you will be responsible for security monitoring, security and data/log analysis and forensic analysis to detect security incidents and amount an incident response. You will also investigate and utilise new technologies and processes to enhance security capabilities and ensure Red Piranha remains a cutting-edge leader of the cyber security field. Additionally, you will use your passion for cyber security to provide security consultancy and client support.
You will be responsible for:
- Monitor networks, computers and applications for events and traffic indicators that signal intrusions
- Determine and identify the damage caused by detected intrusions and how it occurred including impact threat assessments
- Provide recommendation and mitigation roadmap strategies to increase client cyber security posture.
- Perform Vulnerability Assessments and Penetration Tests to various industry and compliance standards
- Perform security research with Red Piranha intelligence systems and malware systems
- Perform threat hunting and IR investigations and provide superior solutions.
- Monitor, investigate and report security events and incident management.
- Gather threat intelligence in order to provide advice to management.
The role requirements:
- Ability to demonstrate technical knowledge
- A self-starter and can show initiatives
- Have a passion for information security and have a desire to be key player in building Australia’s first Unified Threat Management platform and services
- Experience in network and security implementation and/or operations
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills
- Good awareness of security and risk management and their implications for technical solutions
- Knowledge with intrusion IDS/IPS, firewalls and WAF
- Wide knowledge and experience in using security tools used in offensive and defensive infrastructures
- Strong understanding of exploits, malware and forensics
- Knowledge of disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods
- Knowledge of different log technologies, sources and transport methods (such as Window Event Logs, syslog, osquery, IIS, Apache, and anti-virus)
- Planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures
- Familiar in a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications
- Ability to communicate security issues to peers and management
Desirables for the role:
- Ability to write Regular Expressions
- PCAP analysis
- SANS 460 Enterprise Threat and Vulnerability Assessment Certification or Equivalent